Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Lovin' Part 1



Labor day has come and gone and college football consumes everyone's Saturday (yes, the WHOLE Saturday).  That can only mean one thing...summer is over people!  So in honor of summer, and in one last effort to to hold on to it, I'm going to do a list of the products I enjoyed all summer long.  It will be broken into four separate posts: makeup, skin, hair, and random.  Let's get this party started with the makeup products I've loved all summer long!




What: MAC blushes in Pink Swoon & Trace 
Wallet: $19.50
or your local MAC counter
Why I'm lovin' it: Pink swoon instantly brightens up the apples of your cheeks for a fresh face look while trace gold paired with some bronzer gives you the Kim K glow everybody loves.



What: Bright Lipsticks!  Two of my favorites are MAC's Up The Amp and Revlon's Kiss Me Coral (lipliners shown are MAC's Magenta & Mouth Off--they work perfectly with these lipsticks!)
 Wallet: Revlon $7.00 & MAC $14.50
your local MAC counter 
find Revlon lipsticks at your favorite drug store
Why I'm lovin' it: Sporting bright lips is the perfect way to wake up your face and make a statement during the summer because no matter how much you sweat, the lipstick will stay put!  Pair it with a simple black winged eyeliner and you have the perfect makeup for a summer party, concert, or hot night out!  PLUS bright lips are a trend that is rolling over into the Fall as well!



What: MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in nc15/nw20
Wallet: $14.00
Where to buy: These were limited edition but MAC seems to relaunch products, or similar ones, under new collections so keep an eye out.  Any skin toned eyeliner will work, many brands are making them now.  I've even seen some by Hard Candy in Walmart!
Why I'm lovin' it: Applying it to my waterline brightens my eyes, instantly makes them look bigger, and hides any redness they may have in one simple step!  I use this almost daily for work.  Going in at 7:30 and not being a morning person always causes my eyes to look a little red when I wake up.  So with these babies--problem solved.  White eyeliner can do the same trick, but a skin toned liner is a little more natural looking in the waterline. (Tip: If you have small lips try tracing this along your cupids bow to instantly make your lips look fuller!  )



What: Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara
Wallet: $8.00
Where to buy: your favorite drug store
Why I'm lovin' it:  I've come back to this mascara time and time again, and I've tried a lot of mascaras.  This one is great at defining the lashes with out being clump, and does NOT flake all over my face.  Gotta love that!  The formula tends to get better the longer you have it which I love, because it's usually the opposite with a mascara.  There are some products I'm willing to spend a little extra money on but mascara just isn't one of them.  You can find great mascaras in the drugstore for under $10 and this is one of them!

Those are a few products I loved during summer 2011.  I hope you've enjoyed this post, and don't forget to check back for the rest of my summer favorites list.  Next up--skin products!

What were some of your favorite summer makeup products?  Post in the comments below!

For the love of beauty and summer makeup,
...Casey B

No comments:

Post a Comment