Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Meet your blogger: Makeup...by Casey B

For my very first post I thought it would be nice to do a little Q&A session to give followers some background info!  So, here we go...

1.  Where are you from?
Born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina baby! 

2. “You do whaaaat?”
This question has a two part answer:   I’m a civil engineer AND a makeup artist.  Yes, you read that right.  My co-workers know I’m a civil engineer and my clients know I’m a makeup artist, but when the two worlds collide 9 times out of 10 it generates the same exact look:
After that I usually get a few questions from either my co-workers or clients asking how that happened?  Or how do those go together?  So here you go...

3.  What's your story?
Growing up I was playing competitive sports year round by the age of 6.  It included everything.  I tapped, I played softball, soccer, tennis, cheerleading, basketball...you name, I did it.  I was just athletic.  I was athletic AND a girly girl.  This means I was rough and tuff, but I ALWAYS looked great doing it!  My description on my facebook page says this: "I was the little girl who matched her lip gloss to her sports uniform.  Then, of course, suggested the rest of the team do the same."  That pretty much sums it up.

I was also a decent student which led to me graduating from the University of South Carolina (GO COCKS!) in May 2010 with my bachelor degree in civil engineering.  I worked part time all through school at the South Carolina Department of Transportation.  This worked out perfect for me because guess who had a job right out of college?!  Yep, me!  So Monday-Friday I'm working in road design at the SCDOT--and that's the engineering part of my story.

The other half of my story wasn't able to blossom  until after graduating.  Only then did I have free time for the first EVER (remember growing up playing competitive sports year round?).  So I quickly realized it was time to start perusing my passion for makeup.  Ever since I’ve been growing my makeup business, Makeup…by Casey B, and I’ve LOVED every second of it! I’ve been a part of some exciting shoots/projects and met a lot of great people so far and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for Makeup…by Casey B!


4.  What do you love?
I have an ongoing spreadsheet that houses tons of pictures that inspire me.  Since a picture can speak a thousand words, here’s a collage I made just for you!  (Yep!  Just like in 2nd grade!)




5.  Why the heck are you blogging?
Blogging is something I’ve been interested in for a long time and I’m finally just going man up and do it.  I think I have a lot of interesting topics, tips, and tricks that everyday women will enjoy and benefit from.  What will you find on my blog?  Mostly beauty and makeup related topics such as: favorite products, trends for the season, client photos, celebrity makeup looks I love, makeup tutorials etc.  The idea is still expanding in my head so we’ll see where it goes!

6.  Hit me with those seven digits?!
Ok, I won’t be putting my phone number on the internet but here are some ways you can contact me:
1.     My “Makeup by Casey B” facebook page!  Become a fan and I’ll love you forever!
2.     Email me at: CaseyMBarlow@yahoo.com
3.     Comment on my blog post


7.  Now I have a few questions for you!
Have a topic you want me to cover?  Is there something you struggle with when it comes to makeup?  Want to see how to recreate a makeup look you love?  LET ME KNOW!  I'd love to do a post about it!

THANK YOU so much if you made it to the end of this post!  Check back soon because I have TONS of post ideas lined up!

For the love of beauty, start following my blog!
...Casey B

3 comments:

  1. HOOORAY YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! So proud of you!!! :) xxoo now do a blog about eye makeup/ tips for brown eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! can't wait for posts to come :D

    ReplyDelete