Monday, September 26, 2011

Sumer Lovin' Part 4


Here is the last post for my summer lovin' series.  I've talked about the products I used all summer when it came to my makeup, my skin, and my hair.  Now here are a few things that didn't really fit into any of those categories, but I still wanted to show them some love!


These are the cute lil Birchboxes!

What: my birchbox subscription
Wallet: $10.00/month or a one year subscription for $110.00
Where to sign up:  http://www.birchbox.com/
Why I’m lovin’ it: You’re probably thinking, “What they hay is a Birchbox?!”  Here’s the description from straight from their website:
Every month, you’ll receive a box filled with 4-5 beauty samples from luxury brands. Each month will include a different mix of product types, including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care. All samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they’re right for you. You’ll also want to take advantage of Birchbox.com, which is packed with all the beauty information and tips you need, including expert interviews, helpful tutorials, and fun videos.”
You feel out a beauty profile when you create your account, which allows the Birchbox team to customize your samples each month to ensure it’s a product you are interested in.  I know it says “samples” but don’t be fooled—I’ve received full size products on numerous occasions!  In one box I got the full size Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten which would cost me $31.00, BUT it was in my box with other samples for a total of $10.00!! HECK YEA!  I don’t see myself cancelling my subscription anytime soon! LOVE THIS!
What: Forever21 Store
Wallet: CHEAP (in the good way)
Where: Columbiana Mall
Yayy! Finally!!!!!
Why I’m lovin’ it:  Really?  Do I have to explain?  It’s extremely cute clothing for an extremely reasonable price, AND not to mention the jewelry!  Omg, the jewelry… I’d much rather buy clothing in a store to make sure I get the right size (plus you get to wear your clothing right then--no waiting for packages!)  

There are tons of gel nail polish brands, but I've been using Gelish.
What: Gel Nail Polish Manicures
Wallet: My mom, sister, and I went in together and purchased all the products needed to do our own gel nail polish manicures at home!  Spending about $80 each (about $240 total) upfront to buy all the supplies has definitely paid off quick since we haven’t been spending the $25-$35.00 every other week at the nail salon!  (Want to know what you’ll need, where to buy it, or how to do it?  Just ask!)
 Where:  At home or in your local nail salon (Sally’s is carrying the Gelish nail polishes now as well!)
Why I’m lovin’ it: Yes, the manicures stay shiny and chip free for 2 weeks (or more depending on how rough you are on your nails) but my favorite part? The extra strength it gives my usually brittle nails!  My nails have never been longer or looked better thanks to the gel nail polish.  Also, there is no damage to your nail itself buy wearing the polish.  Meaning when you take the polish off your nails, they are as smooth as they were before!  BONUS: Doing the manicures at home gives you creative freedom (add glitters, pigments, mix colors etc.) for no extra charge!  Score!



What: RapidLash
Wallet: $28.00 (last about 3 months)
I’ve also heard it’s available in CVS and Target—I just haven’t seen it in the ones I usually go to
Why I love it: This has truly made my lashes grow!  I started using it in May and it took about 6 weeks for me to really see some growth, and after 8 weeks my lashes were noticeably longer.  I usually love wearing fake lashes for going out/special occasions but I’ve been able to skip them lately!  I just add some extra coats of mascara and I’m good to go!  No prescription needed and I’ve had no side effects other than longer lashes!  It's been AWESOME!!



What: AWAKE by All New Badges
Wallet: $7.92 
Where: iTunes
Why I’m lovin’ it:  Because they are an AWESOME pop-rock band from my home town!  Other than that I have no other connection to the band.  Swear.

CHECK THEM OUT:
and their ReverbNation page: http://www.reverbnation.com/allnewbadges


With that I have concluded my summer lovin' series! Yayyy!!! I have some great post coming up, including more makeup mini tutorials.  So if you liked my contouring post keep checking back. Thanks for following! :)

For the love of beauty and hot drummers (don't get this reference?  check out the band links above), 
...Casey B


No comments:

Post a Comment