Saturday, September 17, 2011

Summer Lovin' Part 2


Next up in the Summer Lovin' series are the skin care products I've been loving all summer long.  Most girls will agree that finding the perfect skin care routine feels virtually impossible.  There are millions of products to choose from and not to mention your skin type can be as unique to you as your fingerprint.  With that being said, these products will not be for everyone but they have definitely been great to me and my skin this summer.  As far as makeup goes, taking care of your skin is one of the best things you can do to ease the makeup application process.  If your skin is healthy you'll be able to spend your time enhancing your features instead of covering  and concealing spots.  




What: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer
Wallet: $16-35.00 Depending on size
Where to buy: http://www.kiehls.com/Ultra-Facial-Moisturizer/351,default,pd.html?start=14&cgid=face-moisturizers  or the Kiehl’s counter at your local mall (if you are in Columbia, we don’t have a counter close by)
Why I’m lovin’ it:  The skin medicine I use every night can cause my skin to become dry and flaky if I don’t moisturizer properly.  This light weight moisturizer helps to keep my skin fresh a dewy without being too thick or heavy, making it perfect to put on in the mornings before my makeup routine.




What: Kiehl’s Epidermal Texturizing Micro Dermabrasion

Wallet: $41.00 – a tad pricey but definitely worth it.   A little of this goes a long way so a bottle of this last me 3-4 months!
Why I’m lovin’ it: This is a great exfoliator!  I use it 2-3 times a week in the shower to help remove dead skin that could be dulling my complexion.  This is a summer favorite but I can see it being even better in the winter!  (Caution: I would not consider this a gentle exfoliator—so it may not be for everyone.  Personally I do prefer a more coarse exfoliator, but with that being said I do have sensitive skin and I still love this product.)





What: Elemis Balancing Lavender toner

Wallet: $26-35 -- price varies depending on seller
Why I’m lovin’ it:  This is a spa quality toner, so for all you facial lovers this will definitely put you in a happy place (the smell especially)!  The best part of this toner is its alcohol free!!  Traditional toners with alcohol can cause the skin and eyes to burn, sting, become irritated, and even cause dryness. (NOTE: when products leave your skin feeling tight IT'S BAD.  This drying of the skin causes your skin to over produce oil to compensate making your skin oiler then it was before.  Not cool!)  This toner doesn’t do any of those things which is why I'm in love with it.
When I use it:  After washing my face at night, I spritz this onto a cotton pad and sweep it over my face. (TIP: I also keep some of this in a smaller bottle on my vanity to spritz on my face in the morning before my makeup routine for a refreshing pick me up!)




What: FRESH Soy Face Cleanser
Wallet: $15-38.00 depending on size
Why I’m lovin’ it:  This cleanser is AMAZING!  It is very gentle and safe to use on and around your eyes.  It removes foundation, waterproof mascara, eyeliners, glitters, and even lipsticks in one easy step.  So no need to bust out the oily eye makeup remover before cleansing your face ever again!
When I use it: I use this cleanser when I want to remove a full face of makeup quickly, even though it is definitely gentle enough for everyday use.  Plus I love that it smells like cucumbers!  (Q: Did you know that a makeup remover and a skin cleanser are two different products?)


What skin care products have you been loving all summer long?  Let my know by leaving a post below!

Coming up next in the Summer Lovin' series are the hair products I've loved for summer, so check back soon!!

For the love of beauty and great skin,
...Casey B

No comments:

Post a Comment