Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer Lovin' Part 3


Almost everything about summer can be hard on your hair: heat, chlorine from the pool, the tanning bed, and not to mention all of the heat tools we use on our hair for all the summer parties!  Here are a few of my favorite hair products that helped to keep my hair healthy all summer long!


What: Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment
Wallet: $6-8.00
Where to buy: Your local drug store
Why I’m lovin’ it:   This makes my hair feel so soft!  I spray it through the ends of my hair right out of the shower.  It doesn’t matter if I’m letting it air dry or putting heat on, this goes in first.  For an extra bonus it helps get rid of knots to minimize pulling and breaking of my hair when brushing or blow drying.  (TIP: tanning beds can really damage your hair (and not to mention your skin!) so spritz some of this through the ends before getting in the bed to keep your hair from drying out, or wrap your hair in a towel.) 



What: Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil
Wallet: $68.00 (depending where you purchase)
I received this as a gift for my birthday (I have the sample size that came in a Birchbox my sister gave me for my birthday!  Not familiar with Birchbox.com—it will be one of my “random summer favorites” in the next post!)—but you can probably find it cheaper on Amazon.com or other websites.  Just google “Shu Umera hair oil.”  I found a cheaper alternative I like just as much at TJ Maxx for $8.00, can't beat that!  It's the  Peter Coppola Aragon Oil Treatment.
Why I’m lovin it:  Don't freak out about putting oil in your hair!  Adding oil to the ends of your hair is one of the healthiest things you can do for it!  It helps strengthen your hair, smoothes frizzies, and helps prevent split ends.  I put this through the ends of my hair after styling (curly or straight).  It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave my hair looking or feeling greasy, just healthy.  Perfect!  (TIPS:  Avoid the grease-ball look by putting the oil through the ends of your hair only—don’t go near that scalp.)




What: velcro rollers
Wallet: $10-25.00 depending on size and quantities
Where to buy: Your local drug store/Walmart/Sally’s etc.
Why I love it:  My hair is on the thinner side and I personally believe the old southern saying “the bigger the hair, the closer to God” so I’m always looking for more volume.  The 2” rollers give my hair the extra volume I’m wanting and fast!  If you put them in as you are drying your hair, you don’t need to use additional heat (straightener or curling iron) when styling because the heat from the hair dryer is perfect for setting the hair on the rollers.  Your hair will thank you!   (TIP: I use the Conair Roller Pins (they are like oversized bobbi pins) to keep the rollers secure.  You can find them for a few dollars anywhere you purchase your velcro rollers.  Plus, you don’t have to roll your whole head.  Use 4-5 of the 2” rollers around the crown of your head for quick and instant volume.)
Reminder: The smaller in diameter the roller is, the more defined of a curl you are going to get, just like a curling iron.  To create volume at the use 1.5-2” rollers.

Speaking of hair, the next post will be on a fall hair trend that I’m loving PLUS pictures of my take on it.  After that the Summer Lovin’ series will be concluded with my random summer 2011 favorites!  Stay tuned ladies!

For the love of beauty and gorgeous locks,
...Casey B






No comments:

Post a Comment