Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween!


Happy Halloween everybody!!  I recently went to my first Halloween themed party and thought I'd show you guys my costume!  The best part of all... it was $3.oo!  Yep, 3 whole bucks.  

Geisha Casey



I bought the robe at Goodwill for less than $1.oo and spent the other $2.oo on the flowers (from JoAnn's) that I hot glued to some hair clips I already had.  How easy was that?!  
(Everything else I found in my closet.  Sweet!)

The makeup is Geisha inspired and definitely not authentic in any way, but it was really fun and easy to do!  Here's what I did:
  • I used the lightest foundation I owned and blended it over the whole face, ears and neck
  • set the foundation with a translucent powder so the foundation color wasn't altered
  • darkened my eyebrows with brow pencil and a little dark brown eyeshadow
  • blended red shadow on the outer part of my eyes and blended it back towards my hair
  • placed a little yellow shadow on the center of my lids to warm up the look just a smidge
  • added white liner to my water liner and thick black winged liner to the top
  • curled my lashes and lots of black mascara
  • red lips stick!
Real Geisha Makeup:

beautiful

Pretty cool, huh?!



Ta-da!  What are you going to be for Halloween?

For the love of beauty and a cheap Halloween costume,
...Casey B

2 comments:

  1. this was way too cool casey!!! at first you kinda reminded me of mulan except with blonde hair haha great costume :D

    ReplyDelete