In my opinion pin up girls are the definition of beautiful. They are just so stinkin' glamourous! Luckily for us, creating a pin up look with makeup is actually very easy to do. I'm going to show you how I would create a pin up inspired makeup look perfect for any occasion (if you aren't afraid of a great red lip! Which you shouldn't be.). Then I'll show you a few extra touches you can add to really play up the look -- perfect for a Halloween costume!
Here's my wearable pin up look!
|Nows the time to fill in your brows a little stronger then you normally would,|
and create a defined arch.
|Light contouring of the cheeks|
|See, it IS wearable!|
What you'll need to recreate this look (what I used in the parenthesis, but any shadow will do!):
- Eye primer
- light beige shadow for the lid (Naked by MAC)
- white shadow for the brow highlight (Gesso by MAC)
- Grey or grey-brown eyeshadow blended through the crease and in the lower lash line (mixed Coquette and Copperplate by MAC)
- Black eyeliner (I prefer a gel eyeliner with an angled brush, but liquid would work great too. You can also use a pencil if you’d like it just won’t be as easy to get the perfect flick at the end of the winged liner.)
- White or flesh tone eyeliner for the water liner (NW20 by MAC)
- Fill in your brows with the method that works best for you
- Pinky toned blush (I used Well Dressed by MAC)
- Your favorite red lip liner and lipstick. Don’t be afraid to mix shades of red, garnets, and even pinks to make your perfect shade! (British Red by Loreal)
- Make sure to use a lip brush to perfect the shape of your lipstick.
- Darkened my brows a little by pressing Coquette by MAC over the pencil I used previously
- added glitter to the lid (Reflects Pearl by MAC)
- darkened the crease above (not following) my natural crease (I used a purple gray shade instead of brown--Scene by MAC)
- thickened the black liner and extended the wing
- add a little more contouring to my cheeks
- added a beauty mark
- added a glitter liner along my bottom lash line (Disco Ball Glitter Liner by NYX)
- fake lashes
If you are going to be creating this look for a Halloween party here are a few tips to keep your look perfect all night long:
- Prime your lids with an eyeshadow primer to make sure your shadows stay on point all night.
- Don't forget to line AND fill in your lips with a red lip liner before applying your lipstick.
- For extra long wearing lips skip the gloss. Dab a red shadow overtop of the lips to enhance the color and to set the lipstick (works the same as powdering your face after foundation!).
- Don't forget to pack your lipstick AND lip brush for touchups!
The last thing you would need to complete the look is a hair-do. Here are a few tutorials I found that I really like!
I think this would be cute with some low pig tails!
A big "THANK YOU" goes out to Ashley for requesting this post! I hope you all enjoyed and I'd love to hear what you think of the look! It was a lot of fun to do, and it's definitely a look every lady should try at least once in their life. Seriously.
For the love of beauty and pin up girls,