Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Santa List

I recently did a stocking stuffers post that featured ten products, all $10 or less, that were great as additions to any gift or for filling out a stocking!  This post is going to be the complete opposite.  This is my list of 10 beauty related products that I LOVE but instead of being under $10, they will be over (some a smidge more than others…).  None the less they are all perfect for a “Santa List”, right? J  If any of these products are new to you, and you have a love of beauty like I do, I’d suggest adding a few (or all) of these products to your Christmas list!  I’ve broken the products into four categories: skin, tools, primers, and makeup.  Let’s just jump right in to the first category… 

Skin:

1. Clarisonic Mia

·       $119.00
·       This is a more compact version of the original Clarisonic, however the brush head is the same size.  I’ve been using mine for about 6 months and I’ve noticed a HUGE difference in the appearance of my skin.  I can’t picture myself using any other product to clean my face now that I’ve tried this little baby! (AND they come in an assortment of colors!)


2. Soy Fresh Face Cleanser


·       $15-38.00 (depending on size)
·       Read my love for this product here!

Tools: 

3. Sigma Brush Set

·       Price varies depending on the set or brush
·       I use sigma brushes on myself and in my kit, they are amazing!  They are great quality, high performance brushes.  The brushes can be purchased in different sets or individually to create your own perfect set.  Remember, good makeup brushes are important to have.  You can do way more with nice brushes and cheap makeup than you can with expensive makeup and cheap brushes. 

4.  Z Palette

·       $14-20.00 (depending on size)
·       This is how I organize my whole makeup kit/collection.  These babies are perfect for organizing eyeshadows, blushes, and even lipsticks.  They are extremely durable to ensure your makeup is nice and safe while being stored.  Not to mention they are extremely practical for traveling! The clear tops on these palettes are great because you can see what’s in each palette, so no need to figure out how to label each one!  (I may do a post soon on how I use mine, how to fill them up, and maybe even a giveaway…interested? )

Primers:

5.  Urban Decay Primer Potion


·       $19.00
·       I use this on myself and all my clients before applying any eyeshadow.  Using a primer helps make the eyeshadow colors pop, prevents creasing, and keeps shadows in place all day long.  If you tend to use drug store eyeshadows, this is a great addition to your makeup collection to really get the most out of them! The Primer Potions comes in a few different shades so check them out!

6.  Smashbox Photofinish Primer
·       $32-48.00 (depending on formulation)
·       If you tend to feel like your foundation wears off, moves, or settles in to fine lines throughout the day then a face primer will be perfect for you.  I don’t use a face primer every day (lots of people do though, I just don’t wear foundation daily), but if I want to guarantee that my makeup looks fresh throughout an event I always prime my face. 



Makeup:

7.  Urban Decay Naked Palette


·       $48.00
·       If you are going to have any eyeshadow palette this is the one to have.  The color range is perfect for everyday neutral, wearable eye looks for school or work.  Then using the darker shades it’s super easy to create fun smokey eyes, perfect for a night out!  Definitely a makeup must have.  I usually take this palette only when traveling, big space saver! (THIS JUST IN!!! Urban Decay is set to release a Naked 2 palette December 1st!  Keep an eye out-I'M SO EXCITED!!)

8.  NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight

·       $24.00
·       This is a beautiful light pink color that will look great on everyone.  You’ll fall in love with this gloss!

9.  Laura Geller Toast of the Town Kit
·       $59.50
·       This is a great little makeup bundle that includes something for the face, lips, eyes, and cheeks!  I haven’t tried all of these products but I love the Laura Geller products I have tried, so I know these would be great.  This is perfect for someone who is new to Laura Geller products or someone starting out in the makeup world since this kit includes products used all over!

10.  Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner
·       $15.00
·       If you’ve never tried a gel eyeliner, then you have to try this particular gel liner!  Gel eyeliners are my favorite because they are as smooth and intense as a liquid liner, but as easy to use as a pencil.  As a little added bonus gel eyeliners are essentially waterproof (aka looong wearing!).  I've tried numerous brands of gel eyeliners and this Clinque one is by far my favorite!



Who's excited about a beauty filled Christmas?!  And let me know about the give away!

For the love of beauty and making Christmas list,
...Casey B 















No comments:

Post a Comment