Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lady Gaga's Interview Look

This is my final Lady Gaga inspired look, and I’ve gotten it in right before Christmas! Yay!! I’ve loved all the looks so far, but this might just be my favorite.  Don’t let the title fool you, this is not an interview makeup look by any means (so don’t show up to your next job interview with this on!).   This is a Lady Gaga interview look…quite different.  Nonetheless, this is a put together look (especially for Gaga) with a little bit of a sparkly twist, perfect for your upcoming holiday plans!

AND you all get to meet my best friend Liz!  I've been doing her makeup since we were like 7.  Literally.





The emphasis in this look is obvious; it’s the fun silver and black liner along the lower lash line!

Here’s my version of the look…






Here’s the beauty breakdown…
Eyes:
·         Prime your lid (MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre)
·         Light beige eyeshadow (lid and under the brow bone- Naked by MAC)
·         Dark brown eyeshadow (lightly define the crease- Espresso by MAC)
·         White or silver eye liner (in the waterline, under the tear duct, and extended past he outside corner of the eye as well- NYX milk Jumbo Eye Pencil)
·         Shimmery silver eyeshadow (press on top of the liner to set it and make it pop- Electra by MAC)
·         Glitter liner (over the silver shadow to give even more emphasis to it- NYX Disco Ball)
·         Black liner (for the upper lash line and to follow underneath the silver on the lower lash line)
·         Black mascara
·         Lashes (go as big or as bold as you would like!

For the eyes, really concentrate on making the silver under the eyes stand out as much as possible.  That little bit of glitter and sparkle is what really makes this look so special and festive!  Other than that the eyes are very neutral and basic. 

Cheeks and Lips:
·         Matte peach blush (Peaches by MAC)
·         Nude lip liner (line lips but do not fill in- Stone by MAC)
·         Nude lipstick (#14 in Kate Moss' new line of lipsticks for Rimmel)

Gaga is wearing a defined lip liner, but feel free to blend yours in completely if you’d like!

Options:
  • Add some glitter to the lid
  • Instead of silver choose a different color for the liner underneath (plums, golds,  and greens would be great too!)
  • Do a red or scarlet lip instead of the neutral mouth

So that’s it!  To check out my other 3 festive Gaga inspired looks click the links below!

Christmas day around here is jaaaammed pack.  I want to try and do a mini post on Christmas or soon after showing the makeup look I wore that day and maybe some fun family pictures I took along the way!  What look will I choose…or will it be something completely different…  We all know that really depends on what new clothes Santa brings, right?!


We tried to take some pictures together...and they all looked like this.


For the love of beauty and being super excited about Christmas,
…Casey B

1 comment:

  1. AWWW I love you!! as I have always said you have amazing talent ..makes me say "Yeah" (said in my weird voice when you do makeup) :) :)

    ReplyDelete