Did you watch it? You know you did…at least for a few minutes!
There’s always a lot going on for the VS fashion shows but what do I pay attention to? The makeup…it never fails. The typical makeup look for a VS angel is golden shadows, shimmer everywhere, and bronzer galore. This year the look was way softer, more natural, and luckily very simple to recreate!
This look is so simple and fresh it would be perfect for an everyday look for work or school. To get the look you’ll need minimal products and most of them you probably already own (even better!). Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Product List (what I used in parentheses):
· Prep the skin with your favorite moisturizer of face primer to make sure the skin looks healthy and hydrated before applying foundation (Kiehls moisturizer)
· Tinted moisturizer or a light liquid foundation (Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer)
· Concealer for under eyes, blemishes, eye lids (MAC select cover-up)
· Loose powder just over the t-zone if you have oily skin, skip if you have dry skin
· Rosy colored blush, cream blush would best because it keeps the skin looking dewy (MAC Posey)
· A cream colored eyeshadow(MAC paint pot in bare study and MAC e/s in All That Glitters)
· Black liquid liner (Wet N Wild Liquid Liner Pen)
· Pinky nude lipstick and lip gloss (Anastasia lipgloss in Pink Pout)
· Brow pencil or powder (all of the angels have nicely defined brows, don’t forget to do yours!)
· Black mascara
· If you have thin/short lashes, try adding some individual lashes to the outside corners to help define your eyes a little more
Here’s the look!
Here’s a few of the makeup looks from the past. See how much softer and natural this year’s look was?
|2007 - Brown Smokey Eyes|
Unlike some of the makeup looks from years past, this look is supposed to be airy, fresh, and minimal. Perfect for everyday if you ask me! So pull out your liquid liner and give it a try!
For the love of beauty and angels,