Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who's That Chick?

Have you seen Rihanna’s “Who’s That Chick” music video?! Let me be honest…I’d never seen it until now.  I love Ri-Ri...not sure how I missed this one.  I just so happen to come across a picture of her with this really fun bright makeup look, turns out it’s from this music video!  Not sure how the song is really, but her makeup is FAB.  Here are a few stills from the video so you can check out the look:





How fun is that?!  I love this look.   Is it wearable?  Um…probably not, but you could possible do a toned down version and wear it for a fun night out.  I just thought it would be really fun to recreate this yellow and brown cut crease look.   So let’s kick it!

my version of the look…




What did I use?
Eyes:

  • Brown eyeliner (to define the crease and blended out)
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (on the lid-as a white base for the yellow)
  • Yellow eyeshadow (for the lid- Inglot shadow in 103R)
  • Brown eyeshadow (above your natural crease- Espresso by MAC)
  • Teal eyeshadow (lower lash line- Inglot 104R)
  • black eyeliner (Loreal Lineur Intense liquid liner)
  • lashes
NOTE: Since this is a cut crease look, don't blend the yellow and brown together.  Make it as sharpe of a line as you can.  Also with the brown pencil and shadow you want to place it above your natural crease and bring it all the way into your inner corner.  So dramatic and fun!!

Cheeks:

  • Hot pink blush...and lots of it! (on top of the cheek bones- Pink Swoon by MAC)

Lips:

  • Magenta lipliner by MAC
  • Dolly Pink gloss by NYX

Even though I look nothing like Rihanna (but maybe the makeup does?), I hope you enjoyed this “just because” post!

For the love of beauty and playing in my makeup,
…Casey B




No comments:

Post a Comment