Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Grammys: Robyn

I look forward to the Grammys every year, and this year was no different.  I get so excited about all the performances, who’s singing with who, and of course all the fashion that’s involved. 

Leading up the Grammys I knew I wanted to a “Grammy Look” so I was excited about paying extra close attention to everyone’s makeup.  I’ve also been browsing the internet trying to get close up pictures of everyone’s makeup and I’ve finally decided on a look.  It’s not an obvious choice (and some of you may not even know who this is) but I chose…Robyn!



I thought this makeup look was fun, different, and I loved the combination of the blue liner and the hint of orange shadow.  Orange isn’t a color people tend to use but look how pretty a hint of orange can be! 

Here’s my version…



Eyes:
  • Orange/peachy eye shadow (from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette) all over the lid and on the outside corner of the eye
  • Blue eyeliner on the lid (Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Binge)
  • Bright blue eye shadow (from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette) pressed over top of the liner

Cheeks:
  • A little bit of peach blush on the cheeks (MAC Peaches)

Lips:
  • Sheer nude lipstick (Revlon Lip Butter in 065 Creamsicle)



Would I really wear this?  YES!  Even though it may be a little different then what you are used to, I think it is very wearable.  It’s a great look for spring and summer since there isn’t a ton of makeup applied letting the pop of color around the eyes really stand out.   How cute would this be with your favorite new swimsuit and cover-up for a pool party?! Don’t forget you can always change up the color combos however you’d like!

For the love of beauty and blue eyeliner,
...Casey B
Remember this jam from the 90's?  Yep, that's Robyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment