I look forward to the Grammys every year, and this year was no different. I get so excited about all the performances, who’s singing with who, and of course all the fashion that’s involved.
Leading up the Grammys I knew I wanted to a “Grammy Look” so I was excited about paying extra close attention to everyone’s makeup. I’ve also been browsing the internet trying to get close up pictures of everyone’s makeup and I’ve finally decided on a look. It’s not an obvious choice (and some of you may not even know who this is) but I chose…Robyn!
I thought this makeup look was fun, different, and I loved the combination of the blue liner and the hint of orange shadow. Orange isn’t a color people tend to use but look how pretty a hint of orange can be!
Here’s my version…
- Orange/peachy eye shadow (from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette) all over the lid and on the outside corner of the eye
- Blue eyeliner on the lid (Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Binge)
- Bright blue eye shadow (from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette) pressed over top of the liner
- A little bit of peach blush on the cheeks (MAC Peaches)
- Sheer nude lipstick (Revlon Lip Butter in 065 Creamsicle)
Would I really wear this? YES! Even though it may be a little different then what you are used to, I think it is very wearable. It’s a great look for spring and summer since there isn’t a ton of makeup applied letting the pop of color around the eyes really stand out. How cute would this be with your favorite new swimsuit and cover-up for a pool party?! Don’t forget you can always change up the color combos however you’d like!
For the love of beauty and blue eyeliner,
Remember this jam from the 90's? Yep, that's Robyn!