I honor of Valentine’s Day I’ve decided to put together 2 different makeup looks that would be perfect for a special date! Whether you’re going on a romantic dinner with your boy, or dinner and a movie with your girlfriends either of these looks would be perfect for the occasion! Up first is the more natural makeup look that would be perfect for the girl who doesn’t regularly wear a lot of makeup but still wants to spice it up for the occasion. Or say your plans include a day-date and you don’t want to look too overdone, this look would be totally appropriate that as well! It’s flirty and feminine without being makeup heavy, perfect for a date!
I recently received my Naked 2 palette and since I’m sooo excited about it, it’s what I’ll be using to create both of my Valentine’s Day date makeup looks! If you aren’t familiar with the palette, here’s what it looks like:
It’s Urban Decay’s second edition of the Naked palette, and in my opinion both of these palette’s are must haves. All of the colors are very wearable and great for everyday use, but the variety of makeup looks you can create with either of the palettes is endless.
- I started by priming my lid with a MAC paint pot in Bare Study
- with a fluffy crease brush I applied “Tease” (5th from the left) in the crease, and also with a small pencil brush I applied it to the lower lash line as well.
- with a small shader brush I applied “Verve” (4th from the right) to the inner 1/3 of the eyes to really open them up and make them look fresh and awake.
- with the same brush I then applied “Chopper” (4th from the left) to the rest of the lid and also to the inside corner of the lower lash line with a small pencil brush
- for a soft highlight to the brow bone I applied “Foxy” (1st on the left) with a large fluffy brush
- to add a little definition to the eyes without it looking to harsh I used an angle brush and applied “Blackout” (I'm sure you see the black...) to the upper lash line as a liner
- then I applied a nude color eyeliner to the lower waterline (you can also use white)
- curl lashes and add your favorite mascara! (You can also add some individual lashes to help add a little length and more definition to your eyes—don’t worry he’ll never know!)
- Bronzer (to warm up the face)
- Hot pink cream blush (Urban Decay Afterglow in Quickie)
- Highlighter (over the top of the cheek bones- the shimmer side MAC’s Happy Together blush duo)
- Hot pink lip gloss (I used a sample from one of my Birch Boxes- Jouer in Birch Box Pink)
And that’s it! I hope you’ve enjoyed this look and will give it a try or create your own version of it. If you’re looking for a more played up look for Valentine’s Day, then you’re in luck! My next post will be more of a "glam" look for the occasion!
For the love of beauty and LOVE,