Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green With Makeup Envy - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. for a few weeks (my bad!), but I’m back with a fun look I created with tons of GREEN!  St. Patrick’s Day is big in Columbia and everyone goes all out with their outfits, hats, hair accessories etc.  So why not do the same with your makeup?!  If any of you are going to St. Pat’s in 5 Points or any other St. Patrick’s Day party, I encourage you to do something a little “crazy” (aka AWESOME) with your makeup!





Orange lips?!  Keep reading below!
If this look is something you wouldn’t wear in public, or if you want to make it even more festive then here are a few other ideas.  Mix and match them, do one of them, do all of them together, just have fun and play!  Create your perfect look!

1.  Sport heavy thick green cat eyeliner with neutral makeup.

2.  Add some green glitter to the lids or lips!

3.  Add huge fake lashes that have green in them (maybe leftovers from Halloween?!).
4.  Accent your eyes with some green gems!  Using some eyelash glue you can easily adhere around your eyes for a little extra sparkle!


5.  Go for a gold eye look instead of green!  It’s more wearable AND you probably already have at least one gold eye shadow lying around don’t cha?  Plus it’s still festive – Hello pot-o-gold!

6.  The Irish flag is orange, white, and green so throw some orange in there!  I do love a good orange lipstick…

Or without the green eyes if you prefer.
7.  Wear really natural “pretty makeup” but do green brows!! That would be so fun!!


I think this is my favorite!
Tips:
-If you are doing heavy eyes with lots of color or glitter, do them first.  That way you can wipe away any fall out then go on to foundation.
-To make your green shadows POP, use a white base first then layer them on top. My favorite? NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (but remember to use a primer first to keep it from creasing and to make sure it last all day long).
-The trick to eyelash glue is to let it try for at least 30 seconds before you try to apply your lashes (or gems!).  This gives the glue a chance to become tacky and stick instead of sliding around during the application.
Which option will you choose?!  Leave me a comment here or on my facebook page and let me know!


For the love of beauty and going all out (because it’s much more fun that way),
…Casey B


Bonus picture for you!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Your eyes look amazing! This is probably one of my favorite eye looks ever!!

    ReplyDelete