Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trend to Try: Purple Lids + Red Lips

While surfing the web recently (as I do on the daily), I came across this fun picture on thebeautydepartment.com.  I think it’s a really fun color combination that I never really see much of. So I decided a little “Trend to Try” post was in order. 

I couldn’t quite decide which variation to try, so I thought I’d try them all out!  Why not, right?!

Hint
I just smudged a little of Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Ransom
along the lash line and blended it out with my fingers
Modest
I used the lightest purple in the Coastal Scents 88 Palette and lightly sweeped it over the lid
Extreme
I used Sugarpill's Poison Plum on an angled brush to create this purple shadow shape
and reused the lashes from my Adele post


Would you wear this look?  Which version?  I really enjoy doing these “Trend to Try” posts because it’s fun to take something you see on the runways or magazine and try them out in “real life.”  “Real life” meaning on a non-model, everyday girl--like me!

If you liked this post, you can find some of my other “Trend to Try” posts here!

For the love of beauty and trends,
…Casey B


4 comments:

  1. I would def wear all three!!!! My favorite is the last one! You will have to recreate this one on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A red lip frightens me! I'm really pale with brown hair and green eyes and have never found the perfect shade that doesn't make me feel too made up! I love the purple eye though and would wear all three, just with a different lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, wearing a red lip instantly screams glamour! I think that's why I love them so much! You could always try it with a berry toned lipstain or even a cherry Chapstick to give a hint red to the lips without it being a full on red lip.

    The purple shadow will look amazing on your green eyes!

    Thanks for checking out my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! Come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete