Saturday, June 16, 2012

bright, fun, and wearable

Originally I was going to post my version of a Natasha Poly smokey eye look, but then something amazing happened!  The Sephora at Columbiana Mall opened, which means I got to do a little bit of shopping!  Most of my purchases were fun, summer brights so I was torn on which look to post first.  I asked on my facebook page which one you would rather see and every one said a fun and bright look!  So that's what's up.  (Not to mention it made me super happy because this gave me the perfect excuse to try out some of my new products!)

EYES:
I knew I wanted the eyes to be bright but I still wanted it to be a look everyone could wear (unlike my last colorful look-which I was obsessed with).  A colored liner is a fun way to spice up the eyes without wearing a ton of makeup, making it another great option for summer!
  If you struggle with creating the perfect winged liner, check out my step by step instructions on how to get the perfect line ever time! 

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in 13 (as a base)
Make Up Forever Aqua Liner in 4 (green liner)
Make Up Forever Aqua Liner in 13 (black liner)
Mac Fascinating eye khol (white eyeliner on waterline)
Sugarpill eyeshadow in Afterparty (pressed on the waterline over the white eyeliner)
Half lashes

Also let me just say, all of the Make Up Forever Aqua products are absolutely AMAZING! Plus, when they say waterproof they actually mean waterproof.  Make sure you have some oil based eye makeup remover handy when you are ready to remove it. 

FACE:
For the face I wanted to keep the products light and glowing for summer.  I recently purchased the Estee Lauder BB cream and I LOVE it.  If you aren't familiar with BB creams they are skin care and makeup all rolled into one.  They act as a moisturizer, primer, skin brightener, and foundation all in one.  The coverage is about the same as a tinted moisturizer so it's really comfortable on the skin--perfect for summer!  (It's also what I wear as my day to day foundation.)

Benefit The Porefessional (primer)
Estee Lauder BB cream in light (foundation)
MAC Pigment in Melon (cheek highlight)
MAC blush in Harmony (contour)
MAC Pink Swoon (blush)

LIPS:
Make Up Forever Aqua Lip in 18C
MAC lipstick in Hue


Melon pigment on the cheeks keep them glowing

I hope this colorful look is something that all of you will try out this summer! I think it would also be fun with a bright lip or lip stain!

And THANK YOU to everyone who commented on my makeup page! Y'all are the best!

For the love of beauty and keeping brights wearable,
...Casey B

4 comments:

  1. I do a number of things to take care of my skin, including a couple
    of your own tips. Having plenty of sleep at night,
    a healthy diet, consuming a sufficient amount of
    drinking water and guarding yourself from the sunshine
    are definitely the most straightforward things you can do and can help a good deal.
    I also avoid too many products, I just make sure that I wash my facial skin frequently
    and moisturize. This generally seems to be ok for me!
    Also see my webpage > Kollagen Intensiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am enjoying your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue and green together. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete