Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Garnet Gameday

It’s that time of year again people! 


We all know that college football here in the south is HUGE.   And if you go to any football game, you’ll soon realize that fashion at these football games is also HUGE!  You’ll see girls in heels, dresses, ruffle-y blouses, their hair is done, they have on the cutest accessories…it’s just the southern way.  So what better way to kick off football season then with a couple of very game day appropriate makeup looks?!

Warning:  You’ll only enjoy this post if (and only if) your team colors are garnet and black.

This post is a two part-er:
Up first is a makeup look that would be perfect for any football game or tailgating party.    
Then I've also included some inexpensive USC worthy products to keep you looking gameday ready all season long.

For this makeup look you get to meet my good friend Samantha!  She was nice enough to lend me her pretty face for this post.  Samantha works with me and she is also a blogger.  She has an awesome artsy blog that you should check out here!  She’s always finding the coolest stuff.  Seriously.



For the look I used MAC’s Artifact paint pot as a base, and applied the garnet shade from the Wet'N Wild “Knock on Wood” palette.  Then I traced the lash line with a black eye pencil and smudged it out with a little black eyeshadow.

Now, if you want to get these looks but you’re on a budget then you’re in luck! Here are a few products I found in the drug store recently that will keep you looking gameday ready without breaking the bank:

Wet'N Wild "Knock On Wood" Palette ($2.99)

Covergirl quad in "Dream Eyes" ($5.99)

Wet'N Wild nail polishes in ($1.99)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in 30 Pomegranate Punk ($3.50 on sale)
this is a dupe for the MAC Artifact Paint Pot I used on Samantha

Wet'N Wild Lipgloss in 577A ($1.99)

I hope this is helpful for all the ladies gearing up for football season!  My gut (and my boyfriend who talks about Carolina football nonstop) tells me this is going to be a great season to be a Gamecock!

Go Cocks!

For the love of beauty and GARNET GAMEDAYS,
…Casey B


See...people have their BRIDAL portriats taken on the field around here...
now do you believe me that football is a big deal?
(I don't know her...I found her on google.)

No comments:

Post a Comment