Wednesday, September 12, 2012

10 repurchase-worthy products: drugstore edition


I spend a lot of time plundering through the aisle at my local CVS looking for great beauty bargains.   By doing that I’ve come across beauty products in all areas that I just can’t live without.  All of the products I’m going to mention I either a) have already repurchased (numerous times) or b) purchased the same product in multiple shades –all because I love them that much!  

10 repurchase-worthy products: drugstore edition


1.       Cetaphil ($7-10)
I’ve been using Cetaphil since I was in high school so I feel like I’ve literally gone through a million bottles of this stuff. It is a very gentle which is perfect for cleansing my sensitive skin.  Cetaphil + the Clarisonic Mia = squeaky clean skin combo! 

2.       RapidLash ($29.99)
I’ve talked about this product in a few posts now, but I’ve gone through 3 or 4 tubes of this stuff.  It really made a difference in the length of my lashes, with ZERO side effects. 

For more on lashes click here.

3.       Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios ($2.99)
If this product looks familiar it’s because it was given a nice little shout out in my Garnet Gameday post.  These little trios are awesome, and they're nice quality shadows.  The price tag is just nice bonus!

4.       Not Your Mother’s hair products ($6.00)
I’ve purchased quite a few products from this collection and I love them all.  There are two that I have bought multiples of so far (I just haven’t run out of the other products yet!).  They are the “She’s a Tease” volumizing hairspray and the “Clean Freak” dry shampoo.  LOVE! 

While doing this little post, I realized this line has more products then the ones available at my CVS.  There’s a shampoo, conditioner, leave in detangler, a freezing hairspray… all of which aren’t at my local stores.  I think I need to get my hands on them…

5.       Yes to Tomatoes Skin Clearing Mask ($14.99)
I picked this up on a whim while on vacation back in June.   We were at the beach and it decided to rain for the first 3 days of our vacation.  So, I decided to raid the drugstore and do some in-condo-facials.  Turns out, picking up this product was a great grab. This mask is really refreshing and leaves my skin feeling super soft. Plus I love just love mask.  Weird note: this product smells cinnamon-y to me…nothing like tomatoes.  Am I the only one?

6.       Wet N Wild Megalast nail polishes ($1.99)
OBSSESSED.  And at this price, it’s an obsession I can actually afford to have!  These little gems have quickly become the only nail polishes that I will use.  They last better for me than my OPI, Zoya, Essie...Meaning I much prefer them to higher end nail polishes. 

Now someone please tell Wet N Wild know we need more colors!

7.       Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains ($8.99)
These are just fab-u-lous!  I picked up quite a few when they were BOGO 50% off, and I’m so happy I did.  Their color selection combined with their staying power makes them perfect for every occasion. Neutral, bright, dramatic…so, so good!

8.       La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizer ($31.50)
This is a little expensive for a drugstore moisturizer, but it really is a great product (plus I got it half off during a sale—take that $31.50!).  I tend to have dry patches, which we all know are a pain to apply makeup over. This however keeps these areas hydrated all through my work day!  I use this every morning after cleansing my face and before doing my makeup.  This product also has an SPF 15 in it, which is perfect because it’s my daily moisturizer AND your sunscreen all in one.  You should never forget your sunscreen!

9.       Duo eyelash glue ($5.99) & Ardell 120 Demi Lashes ($3.50)
I feel like these two products are a given.  The Demi lashes are an all-time favorite of mine to use on myself and clients, and the Duo glue is the only glue I trust.  Plus, if you are ever need to glue stuff to your face (what?!—you know like rhinestones, gems, feathers etc.), this is the stuff to use.  It may sound weird now, but remember October is right around the corner.

10.       Maybelline Color Tattoos  ($6.99)
These little pots are perfect for wearing alone OR as a base for your favorite eyeshadows.  They don’t budge, crease, or fade throughout the day making them a great drugstore find!  PLUS Maybelline just came out with some new fall shades for you to add to your collection!

To see the full review on this product click here.
If you are on the hunt for new beauty product to try, I would recommend all of these to you!
What are your tried and trusted drugstore products?!  Seriously, let me know in the comments below—you know I love a good find!

If you can’t find some of these products (or the shades you’re looking for!) at your local drugstore then sneak a peek at the products here: drugstore.com.  They run a lot BOGOs and sales on the site.  So, even if you can buy it your local drugstore it may be worth checking the prices online first to save a little money!  Seriously…who doesn’t love shopping online?!

For the love of beauty and bargains,
…Casey B

No comments:

Post a Comment