Thursday, October 25, 2012

Breakfast At Tiffany's

Doing a complete 180 from my last Halloween post I decided to go from ghoulish to glamorous! 

When it comes to Halloween, I prefer to be more on the cutesy and glamorous side.  This costume and makeup is definitely both of those!  Not only is the makeup for this look simple, but the costume was actually very easy to throw together as well.  So for those of you who are still scratching your heads about what to do this year, this may just be the look for you!

For a little background on this look--We have a group of girls that get together once a month to play Bunko.  It’s turned into quite the shindig and it’s something I look forward to every month.  So of course for October it was Halloween themed.  My costume for the evening was none other than the  Ms. Audrey Hepburn from the movie Breakfast At Tiffany’s.  Here’s is the iconic picture that served as my inspiration for this costume look:

Audrey’s makeup for this look is very natural, simple, and classically beautiful.  Here are the key features to her look and the products I used:

-nude eye shadow over the whole lid (Brule by MAC)
-mid toned brown softly through the crease (Omega by MAC)
-classic black “kitten” eyeliner (Blacktrack Fluidline by MAC)
-wispy false lashes (Ardell lashes)
-pink glowing cheeks (Pink Swoon by MAC)
-pink lips (NYX Lipliner in Pale Pink to outline and fill in the lips)
-nude eyeliner on the waterline (NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic Pencil by MAC)
-and finally, most important of all—THE BROWS!  The thicker the better.   As for the shape of the brows they are more straight across than over arched or angled.  (I used Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette).
Audrey

Here’s my final makeup look!



For the costume, I basically already had everything I needed for this look.  All I had to buy was a fake tiara (found a pack of 6 at Hobby Lobby for $4 with the little girl party supplies), and a pair of black elbow gloves ($7 at Halloween Express)!  (The cigarette holder I already had from a Cruella DeVille costume I put together a few years go.)  Here’s the costume inspiration board I put together for the look.  See if you can pick me out in the bunko pictures below!  
Breakfast At Tiffany's


And me as Cruella Deville! (In 2009--Gosh, time flies!)
that chipmunk (who is actually my boyfriend)  is
holding my cigarette thing!
Need more ideas?!  Check out my Halloween post from last year: Easy Geisha, Pin Up Look, Halloween 2011!

Hopefully I’ll have one more Halloween post up on Sunday.  I’m thinking it will be a little compilation of pictures from the Halloween festivities coming up this weekend.  So stay tuned!!
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? 
Does anyone else out there play Bunko?!
For the love of beauty & Audrey,
…Casey B



2 comments:

  1. love this costume too cute!! so sad I won't see you for halloween :( so take pics pics pics!! xxooo

    ReplyDelete