Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christina AMA 2012

A while back I did a quick little post showing some of my favorite makeup looks from the 2012 AMA’s, and asked people to comment and let me know which their favorite was.  From the comments on the post and the comments on my facebook page, the votes were kind of all over the place.  Everyone had different favorites!  So I decided to do the look I liked the best (and, I think it may have won by one vote or something) which is Christina’s purple smokey eyes!






Eyes:
The key for the eyes is to use matte shadows, nude or white eyeliner on the waterline and of course some huge and heavy lashes!  Here’s what I used:
-UDPP to prime the lid
-NYX jumbo eye pencil in “Milk” (all over the lid)
-MAC eye shadow in “Naked” (over the NYX JEP & on the brow bone)
-“Blackout” from the Naked II palette (on the outside corner of the lid blended out, and along the upper and lower lashline as liner)
-Sugar Pill eye shadow in “Poison Plum” (lightly blended over the black, into the crease, and under the eye)
-MAC eye pencil in “NW 20” (waterline)
-mascara on the top and bottom lashes
-For the lashes I did my “Adele lash trick” again.  Learn more about it here.

*side note- if you have any of the 88 color palettes, this would be the perfect time to bust it out!




Face:
Christina is fake tanned, bronzed, and contoured to the max (as usual).  This is a far cry from the pale skin I have going on.  So I’m going to take the key points from her look, and tone them down for me.
-for Christina’s sculpted checks I used the Coastal Scents 6 contour and blush palette (which I also used for my Lana Del Rey look).  I’ve had it for a long time and never really used it, but I’ve been loving it lately.  I used a mix of the peach, yellowy, and dark color to contour.  Then I used the white along the tops of my cheeks to highlight.
-MAC blush in “Taupe” (along the cheeks between the contour and the highlight)


Lips:
Christina’s lips are overdrawn, a peachy nude color, and glossy!
-MAC lipliner in “Stone” (outlined lips)
- OCC Lip Tar in Interlace
-Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in “Nude Luster” 

So that’s it! Here’s the final product...



 



I think these purple smokey eyes are fun and completely on trend.  I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately—Demi sported a darker purple eye on the X Factor Wednesday (in her interview clips).  Did anyone else see & love that look as well?!

If you want to spice up these already bold eyes (why the heck not?), you can always turn this look into another trend:

For more variations on the purple eyes & red lips trend click here.


One more thing before I forget--holiday parties are in full swing and New Year's Eve is fast approaching.  This would be an excellent look for either!

For the love of beauty & American music,
…Casey B

3 comments:

  1. I love this, it's so pretty on you & that peachy lip is gorgeous! I've been trying to order OCC interlace, but it's been sold out for the longest! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I got mine from camerareadycosmetics.com. I just check and they still have it! Go, go, go!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Nice make-up.^^
      Maybe follow each other???
      My Blog

      Delete