Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 PCA: Taylor Swift





Taylor's makeup always looks really flawless and but together but in a way that somehow annoys me.  Does that make sense?  Sometimes I just want her to do something risky, different, or at least colorful!  With that being said, I thought this bronze smokey eye she wore at the 2013 People's Choice Award was really stunning.  It's very T. Swift--simple and beautiful. 

Eyes:
The only visuals I could find for this look were of Taylor with her eyes open.  So I’m not positive what was going on with her lids, but I think it’s safe to say this eyeshadow look is pretty monochromatic.  This is great because it doesn’t require a lot of products! Taylor’s eyeshdow is a warm brown, bronzy color that will look great on all eye colors—especially blue eyes!   Here’s what I used:

-Primed my lid with MAC paint pot in “Indianwood.”  I placed the color all over the lead and blended it upwards above the crease.  I also placed it under the eye close to the lash line, blending it down. 
-Using a fluffy brush I blended a bronze color all over the lids & under the eye as well (MAC "Amberlights")
-Next I placed a little bit darker shade on the outside edge and blended into the bronze for dimension (MAC "Bronze")
-Highlight the inner corner of the eyes with a champagne eyeshadow (MAC “Nylon”)
-Using and angled eyeliner brush and a black eyeshadow (“Blackout” form the Naked2 Palette) I liked my upper lash line, and softly blended it out to make it look less like a liner.
-Using a black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in “Blacktrack”) and an angled eyeliner brush, I lined my upper and lower waterlines. 
-Taylor’s brows aren’t perfectly drawn on, they are very natural looking.  I used my Anastasia Brow Pencil in “Ash Blonde” and a little of my Anastasia brow powder duo also in “Ash Blonde” to lightly fill in my brows where needed.
-curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara to the top and bottom lashes
-Taylor is definitely wearing fake lashes, so pick your favorite pair and go for it. 


Face:
Taylor’s skin looks flawless, but also really fresh and dewy.  She doesn’t appear to be wearing a full coverage foundation but there aren’t any imperfections showing.  
-I applied MAC’s Strobe Liquid to give skin an instant glow
-For my foundation & concealer I used the Graftobian HD Cream Foundation and applied as usual.
-I decided to contour my face just the slightest big using MAC blush in “Harmony”
-I used a tiny bit of MAC “Peaches” blush along the apples of my cheeks
-Along the tops of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, & cupids bow I applied a little more Strobe Liquid to highlight.
-Taylor’s skin doesn’t look matte so if you can skip the powder do so. I used a little of MAC’s MSF Natural in “Light” to lightly set areas that I concealed.

Lips:
Taylor’s lips look as if they hardly have anything on them.  Depending on your natural lip color you could simply use a moisturizing chap stick.  To me they seem to have a pinky-peach tint to them with a satin finish (so skip the shiny lip-gloss).
- Essence lip pencil in "in the nude"
-CoverGirl NatureLuxe gloss balm in "210 Thistle"

Here’s my recreation of Taylor’s look for the 2013 People’s Choice Awards








This whole look is all about the eyes, and it’s a great smokey eye look for people with fair skin because it makes a statement without being overpowering because.  It’s a pretty and simple look so keep it mind the next time you want to doll up!

For the love of beauty & Taylor,
…Casey B



2 comments:

  1. I think your makeup looks better than Taylor's!

    ReplyDelete